This spicy tomato soup is an absolute treat for your taste buds! Follow the recipe below to make this amazing spicy soup for 4 people.
2 punnets of vine tomatoes (large or cherry)
1-2 green chillies (depending how spicy you like your soup)
1 small bunch of basil
2 stalks of celery
1 packet of chopped pancetta
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1L Chicken and vegetable stock
2 jars of sun dried tomatoes
2 tablespoon of sugar
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1. Roast the tomatoes, chilli and basil with olive oil in covered container in the oven for around 30 minutes
2. Finely chop the leeks and celery and fry lightly in a pan with a little olive oil, until soft but be careful not to colour them. Add red wine vinegar, basil, chilli, tomatoes and sugar and cook for further 10 minutes
3. Add stock and bacon rind and bring to the boil, simmer for one hour
4. Skim liquid surface (you can remove pancetta at this point, if you like you soup smooth discard pancetta if you like texture to your soup you can reintroduce after the final step
5. Liquidise the broth and pass through a fine sieve
6. Return to pan and bring to the boil, simmer for a further 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Add pancetta if required.
I hope you enjoy making and of course eating this amazing spicy tomato soup. This was part of our winter warming soup series - please check out the first recipe for Butternut squash soup.
Please get in touch below with a comment if you have delicious healthy and warming recipes that you would like to share with us, and of course if you need any further help or advice with our products.